Goshen (right around the corner)
- BG’s 2 540-997-5215 simple country restaurant, good burgers, sandwiches and salads, daily special
Craigsville (10 minutes)
- Sarah’s Burgers and Shakes 540-997-9007 clean local charm – fast food, great fries and excellent shakes!!
Lexington (25 minutes)
- Bistro on Main 540-464-4888 offers wonderful food with a continental ambiance
- Don Tequila 540-463-3289 Mexican food served in a fun, friendly environment. We prefer the (first) location in Buena Vista.
- Haywood’s 540-463-2508 lovely piano bar with changing menu and daily specials; across the street is Taps (also owned by The Georges) a fun meeting place with lighter fare
- Macado’s 540-464-8200 modestly priced sandwiches and entrees, families welcome and nice porch seating – dog friendly!
- Mano Taqueria 540-464-8226 quick service modern Latino taqueria
- Napa Thai 540-461-8133 excellent Thai cuisine, one of our favorite eateries!
- The Palms 540-463-7911 a college hang out, serves one of the best burgers in town, fun bar, open daily 11am – midnight
- Rocca Bar Ristorante at the Robert E Lee Hotel 540-461-8484 contemporary Italian cuisine with a lovely rooftop terrace
- Sheridan Livery Inn 540-464-1887 continental cuisine, nice menu, a good lunch or dinner choice and patio dining
- Southern Inn 540-463-3612 contemporary American cuisine, nice setting, extensive wine list, open daily, a local favorite!
- Sushi Matsumoto 540-464-8196 good food in an intimate setting downtown Lexington
- Sweet Treats Bakery 540-463-3611 great lunch spot with daily specials, yummy pastries and desserts – a local favorite and the bakery for Hummingbird’s special occasion cakes – dog friendly!
- Sweet Things Ice Cream Shoppe 540-463-6055 wonderful homemade ice cream and the BEST homemade waffle cones!!
Warm Springs (30 minutes)
- The Tavern at Warm Springs Inn 540-839-5351 Open to the public Wednesdays – Sundays 5pm-9pm – Casual with good food, good prices, and fun at the bar!
- The Waterwheel Restaurant at The Inn at Gristmill Square 540-839-2231 Classic American cuisine in a lovely romantic setting with attentive service, a nice wine cellar and full bar. Reservations recommended, a Hummingbird favorite!
Hot Springs (40 minutes)
- The Homestead 540-839-5500 is an Omni four-star resort. Jackets for the gentlemen at the Main Dining Room, resort casual at The Jefferson Bar & Grill with the added pleasure of dining in this grand old hotel!
- Snead’s 1912 Steak 540-839-6328 Jack Snead’s flagship restaurant, a premier Virginia steakhouse. Wonderful food, exceptional service and dining experience – another Hummingbird favorite! Reservations recommended.
Clifton Forge (30 minutes)
- Cafe Michel 540-862-4119 French and Continental cuisine by Michel from Lyon, France and trained under Paul Bocuse. International wine list, great value and excellent seafood dishes. A Hummingbird favorite – reservations recommended.
- Jack Mason’s Tavern 540-862-5624 Delicious pub fare with daily specials. A variety of wine, beer, spirits in a fun setting, and their Brewery next door!
Staunton (40 minutes)
- Aioli 540-886-1414 Southern European Mediterranean, featuring Spanish Tapas and French Provencal
- Chicano Boy Taco 540-569-2105 eat in or take out, a local favorite, exceptional food from this talented chef who’s worked with Chef Ian Boden and has been invited twice to cook at the prestigious James Beard House in NYC
- Cranberry’s Grocery & Eatery 540-885-4755 juice bar, smoothies, wraps, sandwiches and salads in a natural and organic setting. Offering locally roasted coffee and vegan, meat-based or gluten free entrees, always good!
- The Depot Grill 540-885-7332 hand-cut premium beef and fresh seafood served at the old freight depot of Staunton Station
- Edelweiss 540-337-1203 authentic German cuisine, beer and atmosphere
- Emilio‘s 540-885-0102 Italian food, full bar, reservations recommended
- Mill Street Grill 540-886-0656 casual, known for barbecue baby back ribs and prime rib, fresh seafood, great service, a local favorite!
- Mrs. Rowe’s 540-886-1833 good, old-fashioned comfort foods. A little-known fact: Mrs. Rowe started her first restaurant right across Mill Creek from the Hummingbird back in the 50’s.
- The Shack 540-490-1961 Excellent food, fun communal dining with an innovative menu, foodies enjoy this small yummy restaurant experience, Owner & Chef Ian Boden – a James Beard semifinalist!
- Shenandoah Pizza & Tap House 540-213-0008 Wonderful pizza, wonderful beer selection, local favorite!
- The Split Banana 866-492-3668 fresh gelato and sorbets with daily rotating flavors, a guest favorite! Check out their flavors on line!!
- Wright’s Drive-in 540-886-4641 is a classic 1950’s drive-in (not a re-creation) with carhop service. Good burgers, fries, onion rings, shakes.
- Yelping Dog Wine & Cheese Shop 540-885-2275 Great wine bar, craft beers, cheese and charcuterie, amazing grilled cheese plates
- Zynodoa 540-885-7775 inspired Southern cuisine in Metropolitan setting, a Hummingbird favorite, reservations recommended
Devils Backbone Brewery 540-462-6200 Lexington
Great Valley Farm Brewery 540-521-6163 Natural Bridge near Lexington
Bedlam Brewing 540-416-4634 Staunton
Queen City Brewing 540-213-8014 Staunton
Redbeard Brewing Company 540-430-3532 Staunton
Shenandoah Valley Brewing 540-887-2337 Staunton
Skipping Rock Beer Company 540-466-5692 Staunton – “DC, VA Beach & Richmond guests” on the way to Goshen – a great stop for brew & food before you check in at the Hummingbird!
Jump Mountain Vineyards 540-348-6730 Rockbridge Baths
Lexington Valley Vineyard 540-462-2974 Rockbridge Baths
Rockbridge Vineyard 540-377-6204 Raphine
Barren Ridge Vineyards 540-248-3300 Fishersville
Afton Mountain Vineyards 540-456-8667 Afton Mountain
Veritas Vineyard & Winery 540-456-8000 Afton Mountain