You might want to try some of these area restaurants during your visit to the Hummingbird Inn. We will be delighted to make a reservation for you.
Goshen (right around the corner)
- BG’s 2 540-997-5215 Good burgers, sandwiches and salads, daily special
Craigsville (10 minutes)
- Sarah’s Burgers and Shakes 540-997-9007 fast food, great fries and excellent shakes!!
Lexington (25 minutes)
- Bistro on Main 540-464-4888 offers wonderful food with a continental ambiance
- Don Tequila 540-463-3289 Mexican food served in a fun, friendly environment. We prefer the (first) location in Buena Vista.
- Haywood’s 540-463-2508 great piano bar with delicious down-to-earth dishes; across the street is Taps (also owned by The Georges) a fun meeting place with lighter fare
- Macado’s 540-464-8200 modestly priced sandwiches and entrees
- Mano Taqueria 540-464-8226 quick service modern Latino taqueria
- Napa Thai 540-461-8133 excellent Thai cuisine, one of our favorite eateries!
- The Palms 540-463-7911 a college hang out, serves one of the best burgers in town, fun bar, open daily 11am – midnight
- Red Hen 540-464-4401 area’s first farm to table restaurant, one of our favorites, reservations recommended
- Roca Bar Ristorante at the Robert E Lee Hotel 540-461-8484 contemporary Italian cuisine with a lovely rooftop terrace
- Sheridan Livery Inn 540-464-1887 continental cuisine, a nice lunch or dinner choice, patio dining
- Southern Inn 540-463-3612 contemporary American cuisine, nice setting, extensive wine list, open daily, a local favorite!
- Sushi Matsumoto 540-464-8196 good food in an intimate setting downtown Lexington
- Sweet Treats Bakery 540-463-3611 great lunch spot with daily specials, yummy pastries and desserts – a local favorite and the bakery for Hummingbird’s special occasion cakes
Warm Springs (30 minutes)
- The Waterwheel Restaurant at The Inn at Gristmill Square 540-839-2231 Classic American cuisine in a lovely romantic setting with attentive service, a nice wine cellar and full bar. Reservations recommended, a Hummingbird favorite!
Hot Springs (40 minutes)
- The Homestead 540-839-5500 is a four-star resort. Jackets for the gentlemen at the Main Dining Room, resort casual at The Jefferson Bar & Grill.
- Snead’s 1912 Steak 540-839-6328 Jack Snead’s flagship restaurant, a premier Virginia steakhouse. Wonderful food, exceptional service and dining experience – another Hummingbird favorite! Reservations recommended.
Clifton Forge (30 minutes)
- Cafe Michel 540-862-4119 French and Continental cuisine by Michel from Lyon, France and trained under Paul Bocuse. International wine list, great value and excellent seafood dishes. Reservations recommended.
- Jack Mason’s Tavern 540-862-5624 Delicious pub fare with daily specials. A variety of wine, beer, spirits in a fun setting, and the newly added (Fall 2017) Jack Mason’s Brewery next door!
Staunton (40 minutes)
- Aioli 540-886-1414 Southern European Mediterranean, featuring Spanish Tapas and French Provencal
- Cranberry’s Grocery & Eatery 540-885-4755 juice bar, smoothies, wraps, sandwiches and salads in a natural and organic setting. Offering locally roasted coffee and vegan, meat-based or gluten free entrees, always good!
- The Depot Grill 540-885-7332 hand-cut premium beef and fresh seafood served at the old freight depot of Staunton Station
- Edelweiss 540-337-1203 authentic German cuisine, beer and atmosphere
- Emilio‘s 540-885-0102 Italian food, full bar, reservations recommended
- Mill Street Grill 540-886-0656 casual, known for barbecue baby back ribs and prime rib, fresh seafood, great service, a local favorite!
- Mrs. Rowe’s 540-886-1833 good, old-fashioned comfort foods. A little-known fact: Mrs. Rowe started her first restaurant right across Mill Creek from the Hummingbird back in the 50’s.
- The Shack 540-490-1961 Excellent food, fun communal dining with an innovative menu, foodies enjoy this small yummy restaurant experience, Owner & Chef Ian Boden – a James Beard semifinalist!
- Shenandoah Pizza & Tap House 540-213-0008 Wonderful pizza, wonderful beer selection, local favorite!
- The Split Banana 866-492-3668 fresh gelato and sorbets with daily rotating flavors, a guest favorite! Check out their flavors on line!!
- Wright’s Drive-in 540-886-4641 is a classic 1950’s drive-in (not a re-creation) with carhop service. Good burgers, fries, onion rings, shakes.
- Yelping Dog Wine & Cheese Shop 540-885-2275 Great wine bar, craft beers, cheese and charcuterie, amazing grilled cheese plates
- Zynodoa 540-885-7775 inspired Southern cuisine in Metropolitan setting, one of our favorites, reservations recommended