Goshen (right around the corner)
- BG’s 2 540-997-5215 simple country restaurant, great 1/2# Dudley burger, offers daily dinner specials and desserts
Craigsville (10 minutes)
- Unbridled Souls BBQ 540-997-9007 high quality smoked meats, homemade sides, delicious shakes, a local favorite, eat inside, outside or bring it back to the Hummingbird
Lexington (30 minutes)
- Bistro on Main 540-464-4888 offers unique delicious cuisine with a continental ambiance
- Don Tequila 540-463-3289 Mexican food served in a fun, friendly environment. They also have the original location in Buena Vista
- Haywood’s 540-463-2508 excellent, lovely piano bar with changing menu and daily specials; across the street is Taps (also owned by The Georges) a fun meeting place with lighter fare
- Juniper Lounge at The Gin Hotel 540-461-8484 Seasonally inspired contemporary cuisine with a lovely rooftop terrace
- Macado’s 540-464-8200 modestly priced sandwiches and entrees, families welcome and nice porch seating
- Napa Thai 540-461-8133 excellent Thai cuisine set in a casual environment, one of our favorite eateries!
- Nikos Grille 540-464-9499 authentic Greek cuisine and American classics, casual dining, good service and a local hangout!
- Sushi Matsumoto 540-464-8196 good choice in an intimate setting downtown Lexington
- Sweet Treats Bakery 540-463-3611 great lunch spot with daily specials, yummy pastries and desserts – a local favorite and the bakery for Hummingbird’s special occasion cakes
- Sweet Things Ice Cream Shoppe 540-463-6055 wonderful homemade ice cream and the BEST homemade waffle cones!! bring cash
- The Palms 540-463-7911 a college hang out, great menu, great burgers, great prices, a Lexington institution, open daily 11am – midnight
Warm Springs (30 minutes)
- The Tavern at Warm Springs Inn 540-839-5351 Tavern food, European twist, offering casual dinner dining. A local and Hummingbird favorite! We prefer dining in the bar or in the enclosed front porch, reservations recommended. Open Wednesday through Sunday 5:00pm – 9:00pm
- The Waterwheel Restaurant at The Inn at Gristmill Square 540-839-2231 Classic American cuisine in a lovely romantic setting with attentive service, a nice wine cellar and full bar. Reservations recommended, a Hummingbird favorite!
Hot Springs (35 minutes)
- The Homestead 540-839-5500 is an Omni four-star resort with multimillion dollar renovations happening now through Fall 2023. Jackets for the gentlemen at the Main Dining Room (currently closed), resort casual at Jefferson’s Restaurant and Jefferson’s Tap Room with the added pleasure of dining in this grand old hotel!
- Les Cochons d’Or 540-839-8900 Love French cuisine? A great choice for exceptional food and service. Make a reservation, the Homestead guests keep this restaurant full. PLEASE NOTE: CLOSED TEMPORARILY DUE TO EXTENSIVE FIRE IN LATE MARCH 2023
Clifton Forge (35 minutes)
- Jack Mason’s Tavern & Brewery 540-862-5624 Delicious pub fare (pub steak highly recommended), daily specials, wine, beer, spirits in a fun setting, and their Brewery is next door!
Staunton (40 minutes)
- Aioli 540-886-1414 Southern European Mediterranean, featuring Spanish Tapas and French Provencal
- BLU Point Seafood Co. 540-712-0291 casual beautiful setting, known for their “fresh” seafood. Delicious, great service, reasonable prices, open for lunch & dinner 7 days a week. Same owners as Zynodoa; they really do it up right!
- Chicano Boy Taco 540-569-2105 eat in or take out, a local favorite, exceptional food from this talented chef who’s worked with Chef Ian Boden and has been invited twice to cook at the prestigious James Beard House in NYC
- Cranberry’s Grocery & Eatery 540-885-4755 juice bar, smoothies, wraps, sandwiches and salads in a natural and organic setting. Offering locally roasted coffee and vegan, meat-based or gluten free entrees, always good!
- The Depot Grill 540-885-7332 hand-cut premium beef and fresh seafood served at the old freight depot of Staunton Station
- Edelweiss 540-337-1203 authentic German cuisine, beer and atmosphere, live entertainment on Wednesday evenings
- Mill Street Grill 540-886-0656 great food – big menu, casual setting in a historic old mill, local favorite and often packed with waiting times
- The Shack 540-490-1961 Excellent food, fun communal dining with an innovative menu, foodies enjoy this small yummy restaurant experience, Owner & Chef Ian Boden – a James Beard semifinalist!
- Shenandoah Pizza & Tap House 540-213-0008 Wonderful pizza, wonderful beer selection, local favorite!
- The Split Banana 866-492-3668 fresh gelato and sorbets with daily rotating flavors, a Hummingbird and guest favorite! Check out their flavors online!!
- Wright’s Drive-in 540-886-4641 is a classic 1950’s drive-in (not a re-creation) with carhop service. Good burgers, fries, onion rings, shakes.
- Yelping Dog Wine & Cheese Shop 540-885-2275 Great wine bar, craft beers, cheese and charcuterie, amazing grilled cheese plates
- Zynodoa 540-885-7775 inspired Southern cuisine in a Metropolitan setting that never disappoints, a Hummingbird top favorite, reservations recommended!
Jack Masons Tavern & Brewery 540-862-5624 Clifton Forge
Bacova Beer Co. 540-839-2217 Hot Springs
Devils Backbone Brewery 540-462-6200 Lexington
Great Valley Farm Brewery 540-521-6163 Natural Bridge near Lexington
Queen City Brewing 540-213-8014 Staunton
Redbeard Brewing Company 540-430-3532 Staunton
Shenandoah Valley Brewing 540-887-2337 Staunton
Skipping Rock Beer Company 540-466-5692 Staunton
Jump Mountain Vineyards 540-348-6730 Rockbridge Baths
Lexington Valley Vineyard 540-462-2974 Rockbridge Baths
Ecco Adesso 540-817-0419 Fairfield
Rockbridge Vineyard 540-377-6204 Raphine
Barren Ridge Vineyards 540-248-3300 Fishersville
Afton Mountain Vineyards 540-456-8667 Afton Mountain
Veritas Vineyard & Winery 540-456-8000 Afton Mountain
Bluestone Vineyard 540-828-0099 Bridgewater
CrossKeys Vineyards 540-234-0505 Mt Crawford