Small, Intimate Weddings, Elopements, Commitment Ceremonies & Renewal of Vows at the Hummingbird Inn
The Hummingbird Inn, a Lexington VA area bed and breakfast, is the perfect setting for those couples wishing a small, casual celebration with a personal touch. We strive to make your day exactly what you want, with warm memories to last you in the years to come. We offer a beautiful, relaxed setting in which to take your vows. Our large living room and lovely gardens give you a choice of sites for the ceremony.
We welcome ALL couples, and will work with you to personalize and customize your special day. If you wish, we can arrange for a local minister or officiate.
“Just Us Two” Package:
- Two night stay in choice of room
- Marriage, renewal of vows, or commitment service with minister or officiate
- Ribbon-tied bridal bouquet
- Small wedding cake
- Bottle of champagne or sparkling cider for toasts
- Full country breakfast served in the dining room
- $50 GiftCard for dinner at the restaurant of your choice
- Fresh flowers and chocolate-covered strawberries in your room
- Bride and Groom gifts
- Ceremony can be held indoors or out, your choice of site.
Total cost, $850 + tax. This package must be reserved in advance and requires a $100 non-refundable deposit, payable at time of reservation.
Small, Intimate Wedding Package:
- Two-night rental of all five guest rooms for the bridal couple and their friends and families (total of ten people which includes the bride and groom)
- Marriage service with minister or officiate
- Lovely professional bridal bouquet with choice of flowers and boutonniere for the groom
- Two-layer wedding cake with your choice of flavors and fillings
- Champagne or sparkling cider for toasts
- Full country breakfast served in our dining room each morning
- Family dinner for ten
- Fresh flowers in all guest rooms
- Bride and Groom gifts
- The ceremony can be held indoors in front of the fireplace in our living room or outside in our gardens, weather permitting, your choice of site. If you have a larger group, tents and reception food services are available (with a corresponding adjustment in the package price.)
Total cost, taxes included: $3500. This package requires a $500 non-refundable deposit, payable at time of reservation. The balance must be paid one month in advance of the wedding date.
If you’re looking for a wedding from 2 to more than 100 guests, please call to discuss your arrangements.
Obtaining a Marriage License
1. Both parties must appear at the Rockbridge County Court House in Lexington VA.
2. Both parties must have a valid driver’s license to receive a marriage license.
3. The process of getting the marriage license takes about 10 minutes to complete the paperwork. No blood test is required.
4. There is no waiting period before you can get married.
5. The marriage license is valid for 60 days.
6. The marriage license costs $30.
For more information, contact the Rockbridge County Circuit Court Clerk at (540) 463-2232.